Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I love explaining myself

I love explaining myself.  I must.  Why else would I wait so long to post? Why else would I sew a few purses together in a mad rush?  I don't know. Does inspiration hit me all of sudden?  I day dream about what to sew together.  Sometimes Vera Bradley is in my daydreams.  She looks a lot like Jacob Marley.  But she always critiques my stitches.  Which makes me critique hers when I am out and about. Lo and behold, her stitches aren't perfect - nor are mine.  Then I want to reach out and say to the lady with that bag.  " I could've hooked you up much cheaper." Which, see, then I can explain myself again!  Circle of life baby.

Had a brush with infamy this week.  Two people were in line at the local Chipoltle - each had an edition of my purse.  No one told me if they compared stitches, but I am thinking they didn't.  Neither one of them like explaining themselves and they like me - so they extolled my sewing virtures.  I was just glad to hear they were both carrying one of my bags 3 months later!

Have put together a bag you will see that I totally copied from *mixieblue*.  Had to add those star things so I don't have to pay her infringement penalties.  She doesn't make and sell the bags anymore, but I continually hear there is a need for them so today, I created one and it looks decent.  I need a label.  I just can't committ.  Anyway . . .this may be my fortune. Or at least Christmas money.

Take care, let  me know if you need a new fall bag. I am all in on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment