Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Iron Craft Challenge 5





So this week we were asked to "Create a Valentine."  I know everyone thinks for sure my romantic side was just bursting with ideas right?  Yeah right.  Luckily I had purchased yet another cake plate a few weeks ago at the thrift store that I had yet to put away and was smacked with a great idea.. . . . . A CAKE.  I have to be honest, not sure the cake and frosting are all that great.  The cake was Devil's Food (which I thought appropriate b/c of Valentines) but the butter frosting is lacking something.  Like sweetness.  Fortunately, this little challenge is over the Internet and I don't have to tote the cake down to Church basement to be judged. Whew.

I did use the Heart Cutout's from Target dollar AGAIN for this challenge.  Hard to tell now, but those are paper hearts forming the first impression of this Valentine.

Next I found a "snowflake heart" on-line. Printed, enlarged and cut it all out.  It went a bit astray from there as you can tell.  The snowflake got stuck multiple times and so some of the hearts look like, well, you can see. Nothing, something? Art is in the eye of the beholder right?

So once I got the snowflake cut out, I sprinkled the whole top with hot pink sugar crystals.  FYI, you just, "rub off" those crystals from the top of the cake.  They do stick.  Oh well.

Anyway, posting this tomorrow first thing on Flicker under the iron craft.  Seriously people, check this out!  You will want to do at least one thing on it even if you don't post it.  It's freezing outside, what else are you going to do?


HUGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment