Thursday, April 7, 2011

Iron Craft challege 14 and the wristlets I made.


The challenge this week was a difficult one for me - had to step outside my comfort zone. It was suppose to be sort of an Artist Trading Card - the idea was postcards. I DO NOT scrap! So I decided to sew one up. That was where it got difficult, I wanted to use all vintage things, but didn't want to ruin anything. That doesn't work does it?? So I chose a vintage quilt square, a hand embroidered dresser scarf, vintage pictures, old pins and quotes out of a vintage book. Whoa. So this is what I came up with


This is the first time we have exchanged any of our challenges and today I mailed this to Canada!

My next item is a wristlet I had made for the show back in March.  I made 12 I think and had only 3 left, not too bad really.  Plus, I made three others special order that I have already delivered and been paid for!  For these I add a vintage earring or brooch.  Make it special, let's face it, unless you have the other earring (which you don't I do:)) NO ONE else will have a bag like this regardless . . .  but isn't it so adorable!

The zipper on this one is vintage also. I also have to say, I don't think I have taken a better picture of anything either! But you know what the kick in the pants is? Only $20. Yep, cheap.
Wouldn't this black one be perfect for Prom? Cell phone, cash, lip stick, ID. Maybe one more thing no mother wants to admit too . . . would all fit perfect!


March 30th was National Doctor Appreciation day.  Our unit observed it and I offered to make them gift bags.  Somehow came up with idea for bow ties (bow ties or no ties is a movement the hospital is trying to initiate)   Anyway, I made 14 bow ties for our docs and they were super cute too.  I didn't do the regular bow tie that they would have to tie themselves, I bought the pattern off http://www.etsy.com wish I could remember her name. . . oh well - I will post that later, anyway the docs all got scarlet and grey (duh) but what you are about to see is a smaller version I made this evening.  I have this vintage tux I had picked up a couple Halloween's ago that I think will make awesome bow ties!!  Perfect for Grooms men's gifts perhaps?????  anyway, when I get there, I will post those put something to chew on for now is the little gentlemen ties.


Come on!!  So cute!

Til next time. I'll be sewing. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I have received so many compliments on the cute ruffle bag I bought from you at Ecochic Craftacular. I am Julie Crusenberry, one of the three women from Dayton you met at your booth. Do you have a shop on Etsy?
    LOVE my new bag -- thank you for letting me adopt it! :)
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out so cute! I think you did a great job on the challenge. I'd love it if you'd stop by my blog and check out the giveaway I'm having for a Dremel Saw Max!

    ReplyDelete